Historical Information of the Hellyer Velodrome
Create an laundry list of topics for starters, then outline.
- Construction and opening, Ed Steffani
- early titles for the velodrome
- asphalt era, concrete reconstruction in 1979
- Don Peterson era
- 2007 construction
- Championship/big events: 1972 Trials, Masters Nats, Testarossa VC, Breaking Away
- People: Steffani, Peterson, Bohl, others…
- the broader Hellyer Park
Some early pictures.
Joe Atmore, from a Cupertino Bike Shop archive. https://www.facebook.com/groups/YesterdaysVelodromes/posts/900461873840289/
Mike Phelps on FB, https://www.facebook.com/groups/YesterdaysVelodromes/posts/831205210765956/
The Steffani Family
Here are a few FB posts by Terry Shaw that contain information about Paul, Ed and Mike Steffani.
Paul and Ed: https://www.facebook.com/groups/YesterdaysVelodromes/posts/1215344952351978/
Mike mentioned but mostly Robert “Speedy” Gonzales, https://www.facebook.com/groups/289334681852931/posts/974019526717773/
Existing Hellyer History web page
The existing Hellyer History web page (https://hellyervelodrome.com/hellyer-history) will be replaced by what we are creating here.