Hellyer Velodrome Code of Conduct
I will practice good sportsmanship and conduct myself in a respectable manner at all activities at the Velodrome. I also agree to help create a space at the Velodrome that is welcoming and respectful of all riders. Inappropriate and unacceptable behavior includes but is not limited to:
- Physical or verbal abuse to any person/group or property while at the Velodrome or while riding, including use of foul language, or making obscene gestures towards any person.
- Malicious actions while at the Velodrome that endangers the well-being of others, including riding the Velodrome while intoxicated.
- Dangerous or reckless riding at the Velodrome.
- Unlawful activity, including theft or fraud, intentional damage to property; and use, sale, possession, or distribution of illegal drugs.
- Non-consensual physical contact of people or bikes, threatening or bullying behavior, unwanted sexual advances, and any other inappropriate behavior.
- Conduct or speech (verbal, written, or online) which is hostile, abusive, shaming, harassing, or discriminatory toward others. This includes, but is not limited to, conduct in relation to age, disability, socioeconomic status, education, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Other inappropriate conduct that reflects poorly on the Velodrome and/or upon cycling in general.
- Failing to comply with instructions from Hellyer County Park Rangers or designated NCVA Supervisors in charge.
- Possessing dangerous or unauthorized materials such as firearms at the Velodrome.
- Failing to comply with USA Cycling code of conduct
Hellyer Velodrome usage is a privilege and may be revoked, suspended, or denied; if after due consideration the Board determines that a member is in material violation of this Code of Conduct.